Sunday 26 October 2008

Mah Koreh?

Hey world. Yes, I am still alive. Although its been about two weeks since I’ve even looked at this thing, I have been threatening to actually write something on it for, hmm, two weeks. And while in some cases it’s the thought that counts, I guess you can’t all read my mind and be here with me to experience alongside what I tell you about in my blogs. I know this blog started out with posts every day since I got here, but as it usually happens, things have slowed down a bit. The traveling once, twice or even three times a week has definitely been reduced and working is back to a normal schedule now that all of my days off, I mean… Jewish holidays, have come to an end. I hate to admit it but I don’t have much to update on. Daily life has really started to turn into routine during the week, with the occasional dinner outing after work, and weekends are usually spent with the same great group of people, attempting to get the most out of this city, and sometimes even the entire country as possible. Israel may only be the size of New Jersey but there really is a lot to do and find and see here, so yes, I do plan on trying my best to do so. I am even in the midst of planning a trip to Jordan to visit Petra, currently one of the Seven Wonders of the World.

I only realized a few days ago that I never mentioned my trip to Jerusalem for yet another (but, unfortunately one of the last) holidays of the month, Sukkot. My program hosted a potluck dinner under the Sukkah (a temporary hut/booth under the stars) for 70+ participants and their friends from all over the world. A group of us spent an incredible two days hanging out in the Sukkah, at friend’s apartments, wandering the quiet streets- only filled with the LOUD singing of others enjoying their Sukkot holidays with their families that we could hear from the streets. We ended the holiday with dinner at a kosher sushi restaurant and with ice cream, where we sat in the middle of a buzzing Ben Yehuda street, representing 5 different people from 5 different countries (Australia, America, France, Israel and Canada!) Perfection!!

This Friday is Halloween and we have convinced all of the non-Americans to celebrate with us so that should be quiet interesting. Any costume ideas would be greatly appreciated as, of course, I gave all of my ideas to my friends, being the nice fashion major friend that I am.

Shavua Tov- have a good week!

B’ahava ( With love),
Dani

3 comments:

debbie said...

Too bad there's no Target there - they had some great Halloween props today. I could send them overnight if you want - just kidding!

Taryn said...

don't listen to mom, she's talking about a pair of (practically) spray-on leggings we saw. you wouldn't want to be caught dead in them anyway :)

Sunny Side Up said...

The ideas are endless...ladybug, hippie, guitar hero (got that from Kelsey Janet-but only if you have a toy guitar hanging around), a doctor, a tourist, Britney Spears (from any of her popular looks), a Grecian (toga!)etc.

Just saying, there are a lot of options. Good luck! Post more pictures :)